The main recognised sources of guidance we have followed to implement our safety measures are from the Association of Optometrists, Federation of Ophthalmic and Dispensing Opticians, College of Optometrists, Public Health England and NHS England.
Like with everything else you have come to expect from us, we have taken our time to put together a rigorous plan to ensure that our practices are safe for our patients to visit and for our staff to work in. Whilst implementing these changes, we have made sure that we are still able to deliver personalised eye care and hearing care in a family friendly environment.
Our priority is to ensure that our patients and our team members operate safely and effectively, whilst understanding when to use PPE and how it should be applied to each situation based on the guidance available.
Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- All patients visiting the practices will be asked to come in wearing a face mask and if you haven’t got one, don’t worry, we will provide you with one.
- All patients who have appointments will be contacted a few days before to go through some questions related to their appointment.
- During the telephone call we will ask you questions specifically about COVID-19.
- Visits to our practices are strictly by appointment only for everything including spectacle collection, adjustments and hearing aid repairs.
- Try to come on your own unless you are underage or you need a chaperone.
- There will be hand sanitising stations available to clean your hands on a regular basis.
- Social distancing measures are in place for your and our staff’s safety.
- The practices are cleaned and sanitised on a regular basis throughout the day whilst we adhere to meticulous hygiene measures.
- Our staff conduct regular lateral flow testing so we can identify any team members with COVID-19 early, especially those that are asymptomatic.
We are proud to say that our practices have been open throughout every lockdown and are still open now for normal business. If you need to speak to us about your eyes or ears, order glasses, contact lenses or hearing aids, just call your usual practice number (all practice locations are here) or email us on email@example.com.